Descriptions of Slopeside Stratton Condos and Homes
There are relatively few ski-in, ski-out condos and town homes at Stratton Mountain. Most of the development has been on the Valley side of the access road. The much of the newer development (1999 to 2006) is in the Stratton "Commons", across the access road from the Village.
When Stratton was originally planned, it was decided to put the access road through the middle of the mountain ski area, so that the Village would simulate a small European Mountain ski town. (The developers came from a small Austrian and German towns, so you can see the influence today.)
Okemo on the other hand was designed with roads going up into the slope and has a large number of slopeside locations.
Mountain Side Locations
The Stratton "Mountain Side" or "Slope Side" condos can be classified into eight different location areas:
1. Mountain Watch. This condominium (along with Village Watch) is one of the most popular for easy access to the slopes. We have noticed that it is especially popular with families that have children under 12. We think that might be since
the beginner lift is right in front of the units,
children under 12 probably are not taking the shuttle by themselves,
there is no access road to cross,
they are large, with two bedrooms approximately 1250 sq ft, 50% larger than some of the newer units,
you can walk to the Village.
2. OberTal One Bedroom and Loft Condos. This OberTal condos are also popular, especially with small families. They are located on the Tamarack Lift.
There are many one bedroom units in this complex. They all have large open kitchens, dining areas and wood burning fireplaces. The one bedrooms are large, probably 900 sq.
In some cases there are 1 1/2 bedroom units. You might ask what is a 1/2 bedroom. It is really a small second bunk room that is great for two kids.
The loft units are all configured differently and are spacious two sleeping area units.
The complex is broken into clusters. The A and B clusters are as you enter the complex and are a block long walk to the slope. The C and D clusters are a short couple hundred foot walk to the slope. The E and F clusters are right on the slope, but you have to walk around the buildings of course.
3. Slopeside at Stratton (formally called Shatterack). This a large group of townhomes all clustered around several trails. The living area is generally in the middle level. There is often a small spiral staircase leading to a loft above which is a great sleeping area. Downstairs there can be two or three bedrooms.
The Slopesides are often the best place to get a large unit that is reasonably priced with access to the slope.
4. Landmark. A few years ago, the old Stratton Village Inn was converted to condos. They were done beautifully with granite counter tops, gas fireplaces, and updated kitchens. These are right in the Village, above the Verdi restaurant. Some people just love this location. To get to the slope, you are just a few feet across the Village walkway. The rental rates are steep but you can not beat the location if you want to be right in the Village.
5. Mountain Reach. Beautiful large townhomes located on the Mountain side of the village with their own individual garages. Many are undergoing major renovations. There was one for rent a few years ago, but we do not have any currently.
6. Snowbridge. Undoubtedly the most beautiful townhomes at Stratton. Unfortunately, these are 2 million dollar homes and rarely offered for rent. We only have one for rent and that is $18,000 for 10 days during the Christmas holiday.
7. Village Square and Mountain Ridge. The Village Square homes are built above the stores in the village. They all have wood burning fireplaces and are large two and three bedroom combinations. You have a lot of stairs to climb to get into the Village Square units, but once there the location is ideal. Right in the middle of everything.
8. Village Watch. Along with Mountain Watch (sister units) these are the most popular individual condominiums offered for rent at Stratton Mountain. They all have wood burning fireplaces, come in a variety of configurations from simple two bedroom units to luxury Penthouse condominiums and are the most often requested. Their slopeside location to the Tamarack or Villager Lifts is ideal, and they rent for significantly less than the Landmark units. 9. Treetop. These are Adirondack style mountain townhomes that are absolutely beautiful. Some are shuttle back and forth to the slope. Others are shuttle to the slope and then ski home. These are on the Mountain side of the access road about a mile further then the village.
10. Solstice. Right on the slope by the sunbowl, these are beautiful large townhomes. Some have their own outside hot tubs. Unfortunately, these are 1.5 million dollar homes and only a few are offered for rent.
11. Mountain Ridge. The Mountain Ridge homes are quarter share ownership and not available for rent. They are right under the Stratton Parking lot, but still just a short walk to the slope.
Mountain Side Condos
Obertal Condos are located on the Lower Tamarack Lift
SnowBridge units are located along the Wanderer Trails
Village Watch units are on the Tamarack and Villager Lifts
Mountain Reach Units are located next to the Village
"Slopeside at Stratton" Townhomes are near the Tamarack lift
Village Square Units are right in the Village
Mountain Watch Units are on the Villager Lift
Mountainside and Valley side Condo Locator Map
The Stratton Village was located right in the middle of Stratton Mountain and the base elevation is around 2000 feet. The map below diagrams the ski home and ski condo locations.
The majority of the condominiums are located on the vally side of the Stratton Village (the lower half of this map). There is easy shuttle access from these locations and walking distance from many condos along the access road. Many people prefer to stay in the ski condos and homes on the mountain side of this map (upper half) because of easier ski slope access.
The attached map can not be totally accurate due to the slope and never quite had the right locations. For example, Mountain Watch Condos are across from the Long Trail Houses, Stratton Provisions has been moved to the Village, etc. However, it is the best we have at this time.